Coconut Almond Wella-Inspired Bars

11:59 AM

Have you ever tried to buy packaged snack bars? I've searched high and low for a convenient option that is packed with protein, low on junky additives, but anytime I've come up with one that looks good to me, it comes with a hefty price tag that I just can't justify. So when I recently tried (and fell in love with) Wella bars, although the cost wasn't unreasonable for the quality of the product ($17/12 pack), I became determined to come up with a cheaper homemade version. The texture on mine ended up a little different, but the flavor is spot on. These are way too good to keep to myself.

Coconut Almond Protein Bar



Ingredients:

1 cup course almond flour (or almonds run through a food processor)
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup honey (for the best health benefit, search for the raw, unfiltered kind)
1/4 cup cashew butter (or natural peanut butter)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

In a medium bowl, combine almond flour and shredded coconut.
In a microwave safe dish, melt coconut oil. Add nut butter, honey and vanilla, and stir until mixed well.
Drizzle the oil mixture over the almond flour and coconut.
Stir to combine, then transfer to a loaf pan and press down to compact the mixture.
Place in the fridge or the freezer and allow to set (about 30 minutes).
Cut into bars and enjoy!

These bars are best kept in the fridge or freezer, both for freshness, and to hold their shape.

Please let me know if you try them and what you think, if you do. Are there any expensive and/or unhealthy treats you would like to see recreated? Please share in the comments below and I'll see what I can do.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love the almond wella bars but I'm not a huge fan of coconut! Can these be made without the coconut?

    And have you come up with any other variations for the recipe that you'd like to share?! You're the only person to post a wella bar inspired recipe and I'm excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts