Resource Roundup - My Favorite Dinners

7:55 AM

My road to eat healthier meals at home has met some barriers and learning curves along the way - time and budget being the biggest of them. It's taken me years to build up a rotation of meals that are healthy, without breaking the bank, take 30 minutes or less to prepare, and that all of the mouths in our family are happy for.

As a disclaimer, I mostly choose a Paleo lifestyle, so you'll see a lot of those recipes. But even if you don't, they are good, whole food based recipes, which are good for just about anyone.

"Kitchen Sink Meals" - throw it all in one pan, to make for less steps and simple clean up.

Sausage, Sweet Potato and Apple Hash - I use casing sausage instead and omit the onions.
Amish One-Pan Ground Beef & Cabbage Skillet - I found this one recently and have made it an embarrassing number of times. I usually add peas or green beans to it.

Crockpot Meals - cook all day without all the work. Isn't it nice walking into a home that smells delicious after a long day at work?

Two-Ingredient Salsa Chicken - The name gives it all away. I vote this easiest recipe ever, and my family loves it. We use it for tacos, or I saute up some sliced carrots for a "nacho" base, instead of chips, and top with a little cheese and green onions.
Meatball Stone Soup - Discovered early on my marriage, when I didn't have a knack for cooking, this has always been one of my go-tos. I'm convinced my little brother is the pickiest eater in the world, and he devours it.

Fish

Baked Salmon - This is, by far, the best way I've ever found to make salmon. Coconut aminos are a substitution for soy sauce, so if you can tolerate soy, you can use that instead. I usually pair it with some sauteed asparagus for a simple meal.
Quick Salmon Cakes - Green beans or mashed fauxtatoes (cauliflower) typically serve as the side for these.

Pizza Night

No Yeast Pizza Dough - It usually take me about 30 minutes to make this pizza, from start to pulling it out of the oven. Top with your favorite quality ingredients for a healthier-than-the-chain-joints pizza.


Sides - pair with a simple meat, like grilled or broiled chicken or burgers.

Autumn Greens Salad with Sunflower Seeds - This one includes power food brussels sprouts, cleverly disguised as salad greens. And my whole family eats it (don't tell them about the brussels sprouts).
Pan Fried Sweet Potato Fries - I'm pretty sure I've tried every method (outside of using a deep fryer) to come up with a crispy sweet potato fry, but they've all come up short, until I discovered this one. I don't add the onions, garlic or brown sugar but simply used this recipe as a means of discovering a much more effective method for creating this delicious side. Just be sure to lay all of the sweet potatoes flat in the pan, and flip halfway through - if they're piled up, they'll stay soggy forever.

What is your go-to recipe when you need something healthy and don't have a lot of time? I'd love to hear! Share below, in the comment section.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts