Ice Cold Sugar Free Treats

8:00 AM

When the heat of summer rolls around, there's nothing like the comfort of a refreshing, cold treat. When I was growing up, summer meant a freezer full of ice pops and lots of trips to the local ice cream joint. It's written into my family's history - with a grandpa that owned a place called The Dairy Depot and made homemade ice cream every time I visited him, I have a lot of positive memories and associations with sugary treats. But I also have a lot of negative associations in recent years with the way sugar makes me feel. So I've come up with a few go-to desserts, along with banana ice cream, that satisfy my desire for something cold and sweet, without any added sugar.


Dreamy Creamy Slush


Ingredients
Equal parts 100% fruit juice and milk (or non-dairy milk)
Ice
Honey for extra sweetness (optional)

Directions
Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Use enough ice to create desired consistency. Add honey, 1 teaspoon at a time, to desired sweetness (although I find it's sweet enough for me without any honey).

Simple Freezer Pops

I ordered 100 of these popsicle bags and the possibilities for them are endless. Here are just a few of my faorite ideas on how to fill them:

Frozen Fruit

Somehow, freezing fruit tends to trick my brain into thinking it's more of a dessert than a meal component. As a bonus, it happens to be really simple. Try dipping a banana in yogurt (mix in some cocoa powder to satisfy a chocolate craving).

For more better-option summer treat recipes, visit our Pinterest page!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts